Ping Pong Balls
In addition to buying table tennis blades and rubbers that suit your technique and playing style, the choice of table tennis balls also influences your game. It is therefore important to know how to buy table tennis balls, taking into account the different types of table tennis balls and their characteristics.
Best-selling Ping Pong balls
Types of table tennis balls
At VSport you will find the widest range of table tennis balls. We have all types of table tennis balls, both celluloid balls and the new plastic balls.
These three types of table tennis balls can be classified into three classes: Competition, training and fun.
- Competition ping pong balls: These are the balls with the highest hardness and quality. They are designed for high-level professional competitions and training. These are the table tennis balls used in the main world championships and Olympic Games.
- Training table tennis balls: These are also high quality balls for professionals, but inferior to the competition balls. They are perfect for training and multi-ball sessions. They are used in leading table tennis clubs.
- Fun or unofficial table tennis balls: The quality of these balls is inferior to the previous two types. They are not prepared to be used in official competitions or professional training. They are coloured balls, designed to have a good time playing with friends or family.
Another way to classify them is according to their stars. There are four types of stars, and the more stars the classification has, the higher the quality of the ball. The number of stars can help you to know how to buy ping pong balls according to the characteristics and quality of each type of ball.
- Single balls. These are balls without stars (the fun balls or coloured ping pong balls), intended for the practice of this sport as a leisure activity. Although a beginner or amateur does not notice it in the game, these balls have worse bounce and flight qualities than the balls with stars. That is why they are suitable for non-professional use. As a general rule, it is a more economical type of ball.
- Single one star table tennis balls 1*. The quality of these balls is low. They are recommended for non-professional schools or youth table tennis clubs.
- Two star table tennis balls 2**. These are table tennis balls of intermediate quality. They can be substituted for three-star balls in some game situations, or used in multi-ball practice. Like the one-star balls, they tend to be less durable.
- Three-star table tennis balls 3***. These balls are already prepared for competition use. It is the highest rated type of ball, and the only one that the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) authorises for competition, as it meets all the established quality requirements.
M a F > 9:30 a 13:30 y 16:00 a 19:00h +34- 958293530 email@example.com
MINIMUM PRICE GUARANTEE
If you find a cheaper product on another website we will match it. +INFO
100% SECURE ONLINE PAYMENT
Tarjeta - Paypal - Contrareembolso - Bizum - Transfer +INFO
% VOLUME DISCOUNTS
Except for products on offer or with net price. More INFO
1, 2 or 3 star table tennis balls Which one to buy?
The highest classification that we can find in these balls are the three-star balls, which as we said are the only ones that should be used in matches and competitions. However, sometimes you can find a four or five star rating to imply that they are superior to others of the same brand.
The quality of these professional ping pong balls makes them last for an extraordinary long time if they are treated well. For example, it is recommended not to leave the balls on the floor to prevent them from being stepped on.
All regulation balls must have the following characteristics:
- Their weight must be 2.7 grams and 40 mm in diameter.
- Colour must be white or orange, depending on the playing table, but always with a matt finish.
- Diameter of 40 mm to obtain longer points as the ball travels more slowly through the air.
- Made of celluloid or similar plastic material.
The can at a height of 30 centimetres should reach 23 centimetres in height.
Take a look at our selection of table tennis balls online and if you have any questions, contact our team in our chat. We will be happy to help you with your choice.